Santa Cruz HIE offers California Direct to community members which is a secure email service for health care providers, clinicians and staff, including hospitals, labs, pharmacies and ancillary services to securely share patient information when and where it is needed to provide the best care for patients. There are many ways that Direct Messaging can be used by health care providers for coordination of care.
Direct Secure Messaging
- Transmit referrals and care summaries
- Communicate with care team members outside your organization
- Send alerts to providers caring for patient upon hospital admission, discharge, and transfer
- Use in place of fax
- Send/receive referrals, reports, care summaries, CCDs/CDAs, etc
- Send Personal Health Information (PHI)
- Engage patients by sending healthcare records to a personal health record (PHR) such as NoMoreClipboard or HealthVault
Direct Messaging enables secure encrypted email message exchange to trusted partners and patients.
Health care clinicians interested in trying out this service, click here.
Santa Cruz HIE Direct is powered by Secure Exchange Solutions.